Content Transfers (images, pages, text, biographies, etc)
A content transfer is when Officite transfers your content (pages, images, text, biographies, etc.) from your current website to your new and improved Officite website. This process happens prior to your onboarding appointment.
If you do not have a current website then please send any images, biographies, text, or information that you would like on your new Officite website to [email protected]. Our goal is to have this on your website prior to your onboarding appointment but please keep in mind that depending on the amount of content you may have, the content transfer process may take more time.
There are three cases where your content would not have been transferred over:
- Copyright content - for your protection we do not transfer copy-written content. Copy-written content refers to text, information, and images that may be plagiarized or found elsewhere on the world wide web. Transferring copy-written content can negatively affect your marketing effort and search engine ranking. Additionally, hosting copy-written content without a license or authorization to use it is copyright infringement and can be subject to a penalty by law.
- Content transfer limit - we have a 20 page and 25 image transfer limit.
- Blogs, articles, digital forms or newsletters - these materials are not included in our content transfer process.
If your website contains more content then our transfer limit or you would like to transfer your blogs, articles, or newsletters then please feel free to sign up for our Website Editor and Editing 101 webinar. This webinar is extremely helpful and will help show you how to add this information to your website. You can sign up for this webinar here.
Determining copy-written and stock content can be challenging. Here at Officite we use a few different techniques to help us determine what is copyright and what is not.
We begin by doing a search across the web for identical or similar content from each page of your website. We use reputable tools like Copyscape to help increase the accuracy of this identification process. Generally, if the content on your current website is found on other websites then the content is copy-written and is owned by someone else. Therefore it cannot be transferred to your new Officite website. This will help prevent any significant decrease to your search engine ranking. Additionally, transferring copy-written content is copyright infringement and can be subject to a penalty by law.
Our process for determining stock photos is the same as the above. We can use stock images in which you've purchased a license for. If you have not purchased the license for any stock photos please feel free to use photos from our stock photo galleries below! You can also always send us your own photos that you have personally taken. The higher the quality and resolution the better.
Stock Image Galleries
If you'd like us to transfer copy-written content to your new website please email [email protected] that you fully understand the Copyright Law of the United States and assume full risk and responsibility for the use of materials you obtain through services other than Officite's provided stock content.
In an effort to protect you against copyright infringement laws we may not have been able to identify the content as original and as such we did not transfer it. However, if you'd like your personal content on your new Officite website please let us know and we would be happy to transfer it for you.
In order to provide Officite with your own content and images please email it to [email protected].
We provide a number of digital and PDF forms for our clients to use. If you'd like to re-create your current forms or create your own custom forms then please feel free to refer to our "Create A Custom Form" tutuorial. This tutorial is extremely helpful and will help show you how to create a custom form for your website.
The Onboarding Appointment
The Onboarding appointment is about 30 minutes in length. On your appointment we will: review the content we transferred, pick a website template, explain the onboarding process and set your new beautiful website live. This appointment is important because this will help us ensure that we are setting up your website to fit what you want.
- Onboarding Success Form: Please fill out the Onboarding Success form located here. This form is important because it will help us know what you want out of your website. Your insight will help us ensure that we are creating a website that represents you and your business.
- Domain Access: Please have your domain login information available. Our goal is to go live on your onboarding call and in order to do so either you or Officite will need access to your domain name. If you do not have access to your domain please follow the instructions we have listed on our knowledge-base located here.
- Website Templates: Please pick a template for your website. The template is the general framework and shell of your website. This will largely dictate the look and feel of your site. If you are unsure of what template you want then that is no problem! We can review this with you on your Onboarding call.
In order to reschedule your onboarding appointment, please reach out to our Onboarding Department at 877-393-3348. In the event of rescheduling your appointment, please be advised that you will continue to be billed for our service as a website now exists for you.
We recommend having one main point of contact on your onboarding appointment. This is in order to ensure that we are able to successfully review your content transfer, template, website, and account within the alotted time for the call.
After your onboarding appointment you will continue working with the Onboarding team for the next few weeks. Now that your website is live, the goal of the onboarding process is to ensure your website represents you and your business. Once you graduate from Onboarding, you will begin working with our Support team as your main point of contact. They are available throughout the entire span of your account with Officite and have the same technical skills as the Onboarding team.