How websites are built
The basic Layout of our homepages can be seen below. If you would like to add anything outside of what you see on the homepage other than adding pictures or content, please let us know and we can work with you to create new sections. Each section of your website is a self contained editing module and is edited individually as opposed to all of the code and content being in one container.
The Header is the content that appears “above the fold” of your website. This term comes from the front page of a newspaper and refers to how you only see what is above the fold before picking up the newspaper, or in this case, scrolling down. This is the first impression that a potential patient will have of your business. Some parts of the header display on each page of your website while others only display on your home page.
The Accessibility Switch
The accessibility Widget brings your website into compliance with the strictest governmental regulations as required by the ADA by instantly remediating accessibility violations. This is required to be on medical websites and cannot be removed. It appears on every page.
- We do this by improving your site's support, as well as enabling users to independently increase the contrast of contents on your site, increasing the font size, switching to a more readable font face, using a larger cursor, highlighting links, desaturating content (removing color from text and images), and more, based on their personal disability and preference.
Main Navigation Module
This is the main way that a patient will navigate your website. This section will appear on every page and should include links to the most important and relevant information someone may want to see when visiting your website. The main navigation will appear on all pages of your website.
Phone Number Module
Your Phone number should appear in the top right-hand corner of each page. If you have multiple locations, we can replace this with a contact us button or similar call to action that can take your website visitor to a page listing the contact information for each office.
Social Media Links
Depending on the design, social media links will either be in the header, footer, or both. We can always customize this and add them in other areas upon request.
This area displays your practice name and/or logo.
Banner Photos (Slider) Module
The Slider will either display Rotating Banner Images, a Single static banner image, or a Video depending on the template you have selected.
Call to Action
This section will display Static Text such as “Care for Your Smile” or “Call us Today” depending on the template you have chosen, you may also have a call to action button included in this section that says “Appointment Request” which would take a patient to a page where they can request an appointment with your office. The text and call to action button can all be customized.
Featured Services Module
The Featured Services Module can be used to highlight popular, new, or high profitability services offered by your office. Depending on the design you chose, you may also see these featured services listed in a sidebar on your internal pages.
This section is unique to each page and does not appear on other pages of your website.
Page Title/Welcome message
The page title/welcome message is a heading on your home page. On internal pages, this page title area will display the title of the page you are on.
Main Text Module
This module will be different for each page and allows you to add text and
Some designs may also have a testimonials section or another area type of module depending on what comes with the design you selected. We can always add more sections to add other information to your design. Feel free to call or submit a support ticket to ask for a module to be added.
The body of your website will display on all pages.
Most of our designs feature a form of some sort in the footer. We can change this to an appointment request form, customize the form fields, or add other information here if you would like.
You may also have a map showing your location in the footer depending on the design.
Office Hours Module
You may also have a module to display your office hours in the footer depending on the design.
The footer of your website will display on all pages.
All of our designs feature the preset footer links as shown below.
Layout of a Normal web page
A normal webpage utilizes headings and paragraphs to allow the reader and search engines to better understand what your page is about.
There are 6 Headings (Heading 1 - Heading 6)
Here is an example of a page layout for office Page
- Heading 1 - Downers Grove Podiatrist - Downers Grove Office
- Heading 2 - Practice Name
- Paragraph introducing the office
- Heading 2 - Office Policies
- Heading 3 - Appointments
- Paragraph - explanation
- Heading 3 - Insurance
- Paragraph - explanation
In general, it is best practice to have one heading 1 per web page. Heading 2s are used as subcategories within the main topic of your heading 1. Heading 3s are used for subcategories in your heading 2s.
While you are in the editor and portal, you will see this self help tab on the right-hand side of the page. Feel free to use this tool if you need help making edits to your website. This tool will guide you through how to make some basic edits on your website.
Formatting Tools In The Main Content Area
The following formatting tools are available in our text editor:
- Undo - undo a change. You can also use CTRL + Z on your keyboard.
- Redo - Redo a change that was previously undone.
- HTML - View your main text module as HTML code.
- Bold - Bold the highlighted text.
- Italic - Italicize the highlighted text.
- Underline - Underline the highlighted text.
- Strikethrough - Strikethrough the highlighted text.
- Format - Choose the format of the highlighted text (ex. H1, H2, Paragraph (normal text))
- Lists - Create an ordered or unordered list (numbers or bullet points).
- Outdent - Remove an indentation for the highlighted text.
- Indent - Indent the highlighted text.
- Table - Create a table.
- Link - Add a link to your highlighted text.
- Line - Insert a horizontal line.
- Upload Media - Add an image or other media to your page.
- Insert Anchor - Insert an anchor to the selected text.
- Align - Aligns your highlighted text center, left, or right.
- Font Family - Change the font family or your selected text (ex. Arial).
- Font Size - Change the font size of your selected text.
- Font Color - Change the font color of your selected text.
- Background Color - Change the background color of your selected text.
- Line Break - Insert a line break (creates a new paragraph)
- Clear Formatting - Clears the formatting of your highlighted text (text from microsoft word or copied elsewhere could pull in formatting causing your text to have inconsistent formatting).
- Content Vars - Adds in a new content variable (pulls in information from your account like your phone number, practice name, etc. This is useful if you may need to change a phone number or practice name in the future. You would be able to change it in one place instead of looking through each page of your website.).