What is the Settings component?
The Settings component allows you to configure general settings for each of the mailbox components (for example, display, and language preferences), mail settings (setup, autoresponders, signature, allow and block lists, and forwarding options), and spam settings.
Settings options and locations
Allows you to manage mailbox folders. You can select the folders that you want to be displayed, and you can create, rename or delete personal (not system) folders.
This section allows you to establish the:
● Name that appears on outgoing email messages
● The Organization name that is displayed
● Reply-to address
● The signature that appears in all outgoing messages
This section allows you to create and save text that you can use when replying to messages.
This section allows you to add another email account to be displayed in the Webmail inbox.
This section allows you to create a message that will be sent in reply to all incoming email messages during a specific interval, such as when you are on vacation.
Allows you to create lists of allowed and blocked senders.
When enabled, incoming messages will be forwarded to the recipients that you list in this section.
This section allows you to define how incoming mail is handled automatically.
This section provides all the information needed to sync your email, contacts or calendar to an external client, like Mac Mail, Outlook, or Thunderbird.
How do I enable and disable my vacation or out of office alert?
To enable a vacation or out-of-office alert, you need to set up an autoresponder message.
1. In the Settings tab, click Autoresponder.
2. In the Autoresponse text field, type the message you would like automatically sent in reply to all incoming email messages.
3. Click the Enabled check box.
4. In the Interval field, enter the number of days before the same recipient will receive the auto-response message again. If not specified, the interval defaults to one day.
5. Click in the End date field, and select the date when you want to stop the autoresponse message from being sent.
6. Click Save.
To disable autoresponder
1. In the Settings tab, click Autoresponder.
2. Remove the checkmark from the Enabled checkbox.
3. Click Save.
How do I enable and disable my email signature?
1. In the Settings tab, click Identities.
2. Select your email account or Create.
3. In the Signature field, enter the signature details to appear at the end of all outgoing email messages. Note: If you primarily send formatted (HTML) messages, you can enable the HTML option which allows you to add formatting of your signature.
4. Click Save.
To disable an email signature
1. In the Settings window, click Identities.
2. Select your account.
3. Delete the text in the Signature text field.
4. Click Save.
What are Mail filters?
A filter is a set of conditions that you define to handle incoming email automatically. You can set filters to sort incoming email to various folders, delete unwanted messages, or forward messages to other email accounts. The action you prepare is triggered when the rules you create are found to be true.
Webmail can analyze the following fields in the message header: Subject, From, To, size, and a wildcard that you can define.
The fields can be evaluated according to the following conditions: Does or does not contain, is or is not equal to, does or does not exist and does or does not match expression. You define the value of the condition.
What is plus sign tagging and how do I use it with filters?
Plus sign tagging allows you to identify and filter incoming email according to a tag that you add to your email address when you give your email address to an individual, a group, or a business.
To use plus sign tagging, you just enhance your email address by adding a plus sign (+) after your name—but before the @ symbol—followed by some identifying text. You can set up filtering rules that recognize incoming mail that is sent to the tagged address and move it to a specific folder.
By using the plus tagging feature, you will also know whether your email address has been sold to a third party. If you start receiving unwanted or spam email that is addressed to your plus sign tagged email address, you will know that your email address was sold, and you can easily create a filtering rule that deletes any future email that is sent to that tagged address.
How do I add or remove mail filters?
To add a filter
1. In the Settings list, click Filters.
2. Click Create from the toolbar.
3. In the Filter name field, enter a name for your filter.
4. Under Scope, select when you want the filter to act.
a. Matching all of the following rules b. Matching any of the following rules c. All messages
5. Specify the Rules:
a. From the first drop-down list, select the message area that you want to evaluate (From, Subject, To, etc.).
b. In the next drop-down list, select a condition (contains, does not contain, etc.).
c. In the text field, type in a value for the filter to evaluate incoming mail against.
6. Click the Plus sign (+) to add additional rules, the Gear to set modifiers to the rule, or the Trash to remove a rule.
7. In the Actions section, select how you want the filter to handle messages that match the
conditions you defined:
a. Move message to b. Redirect message to c. Discard with message d. Delete message e. Keep message in Inbox f. Stop evaluating rules 8. Click the Plus sign (+) to add additional actions or the Trash to delete an action. 9. Click Save.
To remove an existing filter
1. Click Settings, and select Filters. 2. Under the existing Filters List, and select the filter you want to remove. 3. Click the Actions icon and then choose Delete. 4. The filter is removed from the Filters list.
To disable a filter
1. Click Settings, and select Filters. 2. Under the existing Filters list, click the filter to select it. 3. Click the Actions gear icon and then choose Enable/disable filter set.
Optionally, in the Filter definition pane, toggle on Filter disabled and click Save. 4. The filter is greyed out in the Filters list and will not execute, but can be re-enabled at a
How do I add or remove another email account?
1. In the Settings tab, select Other accounts.
2. Click Add.
3. Fill in the email, username, password, server address, server port and if SSL should be used based on the information provided by your email provider.
4. Select the Leave a copy of the message on the server check box if you want to leave your read email messages on the other server.
5. From the Default folder drop-down, choose the folder to which you want to save the email messages that are retrieved from the other account.
6. Select the Test connection on save option if you want to test the connection to this account when you save the configuration.
7. Select the Import old messages option if you want to import all existing messages from the account. If you don't select this option, only new, unread messages will be imported.
8. Click Submit.
How do I set an allowed or blocked senders list?
The allowed and blocked senders lists let you create a list of senders that will either be automatically allowed and bypass your spam filter or be automatically blocked from being received into your inbox.
Addresses that are in your Contacts are considered to be in your allowed senders list even though the contact entries are not displayed in the allowed senders list. If you add an address to the blocked senders list that is also in your Contacts, the address will be blocked as the blocked senders list takes precedence over your Contacts.
The allowed and blocked senders list uses the star (*) as a wildcard which lets you set up to block or allow any emails from a specific domain. These should be used with caution as you may accidentally block every email sent from *@gmail.com for example.
You can add up to 1,000 entries each in the allowed and blocked list.
To adjust the allowed or blocked senders list
1. In the Settings tab, click Spam settings.
2. Add or remove the email address on a separate line to the Allowed senders list or the Blocked senders list text field. Note: If you want to block an entire domain, use the star (*) to denote a wildcard before the at (@) symbol.
3. Select Save when you’re done.